The Monitoring Analyst provides support and monitoring for clients’ critical systems. The successful candidate(s) will be responsible for proactive monitoring of the performance, capacity, and health of all production infrastructure. The candidate should be capable of proactively detecting the health issues and service degradation/ interruptions and should be able to create event / alerts through Email, SMS, etc. The primary aim for monitoring is to consistently identify failing/failed or slow processes and applications before they adversely impact business health and end users.
- Monitoring production infrastructure – Monitor all production infrastructure, networks, applications, and batch jobs to provide detection of any deviations from normal or expected operation
- Level 1 and 2 support – Support deviation correction detected by the Event Monitoring system. This includes actions to return system to normal or expected operation
- Identify, diagnose, and resolve technical problems. Escalate problems to other support teams when necessary or out of scope
- Document incidents/problems, troubleshooting steps taken, and comments within ITSM tool
- Work in a fast-paced environment, able to adapt to frequent change and be available to work a flexible schedule
- Work with diverse groups and individuals to set goals, establish priorities, and resolve issuesMonitor, coordinate response, and troubleshoot events/alerts on the Event Monitoring system
- Remote control and perform stops and starts on server services as documented by support team
- Perform in-depth incident resolution and document in the ITSM system
- 2+ years’ experience with event monitoring in a large diverse environment, experience with HP OMi or LogicMonitor a plus
- Ability to perform a variety of tasks at a high level of accuracy
- Ability to lead and direct the work of contracted and/or project related resources
- Ability to demonstrate a solid understanding of infrastructure and network components and concepts.
- Ability to use analytical problem solving to troubleshoot and diagnose Root Cause for outages and service disruptions.
- Mature, self-motivated, and professional with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and follow direction and best practices
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task while talking to customers
Why Choose Buchanan…
At Buchanan Technologies, we offer a great employee experience with a fun but professional work environment. Our original Prince Edward Island Support Center is located in beautiful downtown Charlottetown on the top floor of the Atlantic Technology Center. To meet growing client demand, we have added a 2nd PEI based office located at 544 Main Street in the town of Montague. Aside from a competitive salary, Buchanan Technologies is proud to offer various employee programs that help add value to your daily life.
- Fully Paid Benefits (Single orFamily Coverage) that include Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and more…
- RRSP plan that sees your contributions matched by Buchanan Technologies
- Technology Purchase program that ensures you always have the latest tech for personal use
- Paid education/certification program that not only helps you build your professional skills, but is also part of the foundation for semi-annual salary increases
- Standard vacation allotment + 10 Paid Holidays and 6 paid sick days per year
Job Type: Full-time
- router configuration: 3 years (Preferred)
- LAN/WAN: 3 years (Required)